By David Krasner
A historical past of recent Drama: Volume II explores a striking breadth of issues and analytical techniques to the dramatic works, authors, and transitional occasions and hobbies that formed global drama from 1960 via to the sunrise of the hot millennium.
- Features certain analyses of performs and playwrights, analyzing the effect of a variety of writers, from mainstream icons equivalent to Harold Pinter and Edward Albee, to extra unorthodox works by means of Peter Weiss and Sarah Kane
- Provides international insurance of either English and non-English dramas – together with works from Africa and Asia to the center East
- Considers the impact of artwork, tune, literature, structure, society, politics, tradition, and philosophy at the formation of postmodern dramatic literature
- Combines wide-ranging themes with unique theories, overseas point of view, and philosophical and cultural context
Completes a finished two-part paintings analyzing glossy global drama, and along A heritage of recent Drama: Volume I, deals readers whole assurance of an entire century within the evolution of world dramatic literature.
Read or Download A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Disciplinary Measures from the Metrical Psalms to Milton experiences the connection among English poetry and church self-discipline in 4 conscientiously selected our bodies of poetry written among the Reformation and the demise of John Milton. Its fundamental target is to fill a niche within the box of Protestant poetics, which hasn't ever produced a research all in favour of the way poetry participates in and displays at the post-Reformation English Church's makes an attempt to control behavior.
Ernest Hemingway’s position in American letters turns out assured: a winner of Nobel and Pulitzer prizes, Hemingway has lengthy been a fixture in highschool and school curricula. simply as influential as his famed financial system of fashion and unflappable heroes, despite the fact that, is his public personality. Heming- method helped create a picture of a masculine perfect: sportsman, brawler, not easy drinker, serial monogamist, and international visitor.
During this textual content, first released in 1994, the writer examines the interdisciplinary value of the speculation of technological know-how, literature and philosophy based on the figures who completed prominence in these fields - Kuhn, Bloom and Derrida. each one scholar's concept is mentioned when it comes to its significant strategies, and the publication then relates their fields in the context of deconstruction's interdisciplinary flow.
A raucous journey during the global of Mr. Darcy imitations, adapted robes, and tipsy ballroom dancingThe son of a faithful Jane Austen student, Ted Scheinman spent his youth summers consuming Yorkshire pudding, making a song in an Anglican choir, and staring at Laurence Olivier as Mr. Darcy. made up our minds to go away his mother’s global in the back of, he still stumbled on himself in grad university organizing the 1st ever UNC-Chapel Hill Jane Austen summer season Camp, a weekend-long occasion that sits someplace among a tutorial convention and superfan extravaganza.
- Aragorn: J. R. R. Tolkien's Undervalued Hero
- Pedagogic Criticism: Reconfiguring University English Studies
- Against Life
- The Representation of Women in Angela Carter’s "The Magic Toyshop"
- The Routledge Companion to Inter-American Studies (Routledge Literature Companions)
- Education in Nineteenth-Century British Literature: Exclusion as Innovation
Extra resources for A History of Modern Drama, Volume II: 1960 - 2000