By Fuxiang Han
This e-book comprises complex matters in sturdy nation physics with emphasis at the theoretical exposition of varied actual phenomena in solids utilizing quantum concept, for that reason entitled “A sleek direction within the quantum thought of solids”. using the adjective “modern” within the name is to mirror the truth that a few of the new advancements in condensed topic physics were incorporated within the e-book. the hot advancements inside the e-book are almost always in experimental tools (inelastic neutron scattering and photoemission spectroscopy), in magnetic homes of solids (the itinerant magnetism, the superexchange, the Hubbard version, and titanic and vast magnetoresistance), and in optical homes of solids (Raman scattering). in addition to the recent advancements, the Green's functionality strategy utilized in many-body physics and the strong-coupling thought of superconductivity also are expounded in nice detail.
- Lattice Dynamics
- Determination of Phonon Dispersion Relations
- Elementary conception of strength Bands
- Determination of digital Band Structures
- Electron–Phonon Interaction
- Transport houses of Solids
- Magnetic houses of Solids
- Optical homes of Solids
Readership: scholars and researchers in physics, fabrics technological know-how and nanoscience.
Read Online or Download A Modern Course in the Quantum Theory of Solids PDF
Similar quantum theory books
The physics of non-equilibrium many-body structures is without doubt one of the so much quickly increasing parts of theoretical physics. usually utilized in the examine of laser physics and superconducting kinetics, those suggestions have extra lately came upon functions within the learn of dynamics of chilly atomic gases, mesoscopic and nano-mechanical structures.
Quantum physics has, at the one hand, enormously replaced our theoretical description of the actual global and has, however, revolutionized daily life, by way of permitting us to construct lasers, atomic clocks utilized in GPS, and semiconductor-based units corresponding to computer desktops and smartphones. the item of this ebook is to provide a self-contained advent to either points.
The 1st quantity (General thought) differs from so much textbooks because it emphasizes the mathematical constitution and mathematical rigor, whereas being tailored to the educating the 1st semester of a complicated direction in Quantum Mechanics (the content material of the publication are the lectures of classes truly introduced.
Considering its emergence within the early 20th century, quantum conception has turn into the elemental actual paradigm, and is key to our knowing of the realm. offering a deeper realizing of the microscopic international via quantum thought, this supplementary textual content stories a much wider diversity of subject matters than traditional textbooks.
- Eine Entdeckung von ganz außerordentlicher Tragweite: Schrödingers Briefwechsel zur Wellenmechanik und zum Katzenparadoxon (German Edition)
- The Physical Basis of The Direction of Time (The Frontiers Collection)
- Quantum Coherence Correlation and Decoherence in Semiconductor Nanostructures
- Semiconducting Silicon Nanowires for Biomedical Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials)
- Quantum Many Body Systems: Cetraro, Italy 2010, Editors: Alessandro Giuliani, Vieri Mastropietro, Jakob Yngvason (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Mind and Reality : The Space-Time Window
Additional info for A Modern Course in the Quantum Theory of Solids