By Chandre Dharma-wardana
This is a hugely interdisciplinary e-book straddling physics and intricate structures similar to dwelling organisms. The presentation is from the viewpoint of physics, in a fashion available to these drawn to medical wisdom built-in inside of its socio-cultural and philosophical backgrounds. key parts of human realizing, specifically physics and wide awake complicated structures, are awarded in uncomplicated language. An non-compulsory technical presentation can also be given in parallel the place it truly is needed.
- Part I. the character of actual Law:
- A Bird's Eye View of Our Quest
- An Epistemic Hunt for clinical Truth
- The legislation of Nature and the Supremacy of Symmetry
- Maxwell's Magical Trinity — electrical energy, Magnetism and Light
- The idea of Relativity
- The Quantum international and 'Reality'
- Entanglement, dimension and Quantum Paradoxes
- Many Particle platforms and the Classical Limit
- Energy, Entropy and Emergent Properties
- Part II. complicated platforms and Consiousness:
- Bio-Molecules, the Sub-Slime of Astrochemistry
- The cellphone because the simple Unit of Life
- Specialized Cells for Sight, perception, and Information
- Exotic, Quantum reasons of Consciousness
- Addressing the Enigmatic Questions
Readership: common viewers with curiosity in physics and intricate platforms biology in addition to technology academics.
Read or Download A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind PDF
Similar quantum theory books
The physics of non-equilibrium many-body structures is without doubt one of the so much swiftly increasing components of theoretical physics. frequently utilized in the learn of laser physics and superconducting kinetics, those options have extra lately came upon purposes within the learn of dynamics of chilly atomic gases, mesoscopic and nano-mechanical structures.
Quantum physics has, at the one hand, tremendously replaced our theoretical description of the actual global and has, nevertheless, revolutionized way of life, through permitting us to construct lasers, atomic clocks utilized in GPS, and semiconductor-based units equivalent to computer pcs and smartphones. the article of this booklet is to offer a self-contained creation to either features.
The 1st quantity (General thought) differs from so much textbooks because it emphasizes the mathematical constitution and mathematical rigor, whereas being tailored to the instructing the 1st semester of a sophisticated direction in Quantum Mechanics (the content material of the e-book are the lectures of classes really introduced.
Considering the fact that its emergence within the early 20th century, quantum concept has turn into the elemental actual paradigm, and is key to our figuring out of the realm. delivering a deeper knowing of the microscopic global via quantum concept, this supplementary textual content experiences a much broader diversity of subject matters than traditional textbooks.
- Few Particle Problems: in the Nuclear Interaction
- Elementary Particles: The Commonwealth and International Library
- SCIENCE DISCOVERS GOD
- Supersymmetric Gravity and Black Holes: Proceedings of the INFN-Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati School on the Attractor Mechanism 2009: 142 (Springer Proceedings in Physics)
- SCIENCE DISCOVERS GOD
Additional resources for A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind