By Tamara Sonn
- An extended new version of this concise, illuminating creation to Islam, written via one of many field’s major scholars
- Spans Islamic background from the lifetime of Muhammad and the delivery of Islamic beliefs, via Islam’s extraordinary geographical enlargement and cultural improvement, to the production of contemporary states and its position in today’s worldwide society
- Features accelerated assurance of the Qur’an, Sufism, and Muslim perspectives on human rights, together with the rights of women
- Includes attention-grabbing vignettes of Islamic existence, representing mainstream Muslim viewpoints on problems with worldwide concern
- Explores the complicated interrelationships of cultural, political, and ideological advancements woven all through Islamic historical past, drawing on particular examples together with present advancements in Pakistan
Read Online or Download Islam: A Brief History PDF
Best islam books
Den Glauben aus dem approach der Angst befreienNecla Kelek wendet sich gegen die Verharmlosung des Islam und weist nach, dass er – trotz regionaler Unterschiede – immer Lebenskonzept, Ideologie und Politik zugleich ist. Ihr Credo: Wir müssen den Glauben von seinem patriarchalischen Missbrauch befreien und ihn spirituell rehabilitieren.
The note Muslim is usually used like a model identify: One is both Muslim or no longer. during this booklet, Celik expounds at the literal that means of being a muslim, that's the verbal noun submitter. She explains that we're a submitter (muslim) if and after we publish our brain, center, and activities to God’s Will. From this attitude, this booklet appeals not just to those that profess a Muslim id, yet to all who attempt to discover solutions to their existential questions and undergo their writer.
Even supposing Islam isn't really new to West Africa, new styles of family economies, the promise of political liberalization, and the proliferation of recent media have ended in elevated scrutiny of Islam within the public sphere. Dorothea E. Schulz exhibits how new media have created non secular groups which are way more publicly engaged than they have been long ago.
During this discussion among a well-known atheist and a former radical, Sam Harris and Maajid Nawaz invite you to affix an urgently wanted dialog: Is Islam a faith of peace or battle? Is it amenable to reform? Why accomplish that many Muslims look interested in extremism? The authors show how individuals with very varied perspectives can locate universal flooring.
- The Bequest
- Islam and the Veil: Theoretical and Regional Contexts
- Between Warrior Brother and Veiled Sister: Islamic Fundamentalism and the Politics of Patriarchy in Iran
- Light in the Heavens: Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (Library of Arabic Literature)
Additional info for Islam: A Brief History