By Douglas Heritage,Rebekah Sack,Taylor Centers
For most ladies, a trip to the OB-GYN is a dreaded adventure. It invokes photographs of sitting on an exam desk in a flimsy, tissue paper costume, of staring nervously on the dreaded stirrups, of feeling uncovered, of being poked and prodded, and of being requested embarrassing questions about intercourse and replica. whether it is a primary stopover at, the sufferer will unavoidably ask yourself: what's my health professional relatively like? Is he chilly and medical or pleasant and grounded? How did he develop into a physician? And why?
In a ebook that's as eye-opening because it is compelling, retired OB-GYN Douglas Edwin historical past invitations us to percentage the enjoyment, humor, and tragedy of his 43-year occupation as a scientific scholar, intern, resident, and doctor in inner most practice.
By taking us via his fantastic lifestyles as an OB-GYN, Dr. historical past tells us all approximately:
- The sufferer who had bones in her vagina
- The fats, useless lady within the anatomy lab
- The bomb at the eating corridor roof
- The guffawing cranium within the lecture hall
- The embarrassing for the reason that he needed to cancel a circumcision
- How he was once stored by way of President Nixon
- How a melanoma sufferer with weeks left to reside refused therapy and survived for one more 10 years
Stimulating, irreverent, and sometimes droll, My lifestyles as an OB-GYN will satisfaction either practitioners and laymen alike.
Read Online or Download My Life as an OB-GYN: A Look Behind the Scenes PDF
Best medical biographies & memoirs books
For over fifty years Dr. Robert Spencer (1889-1969) practiced medication within the small coal-mining city of Ashland, PA. because the simply city surgeon, he used to be identified by way of every body as a committed health care provider who spent lengthy hours at his health facility, charged a modest price for his prone, by no means grew to become somebody away who could not pay, and was once the individual the townspeople became to with their many diseases and accidents.
Arguably the main major determine in Ireland’s struggle opposed to TB, this delicate and compelling biography tells the attention-grabbing tale of Dorothy Stopford rate. Unjustly forgotten, expense made heroic efforts to rid eire of tuberculosis and used to be accountable for the creation of the BCG vaccine to eire.
Candidly, with a mix of pleasure, poignancy, and gratitude, the chairman and president of the toilet Templeton beginning displays at the studying and turning out to be he has skilled and the views he has won all through his existence. In so doing, he keeps the legacy of his father, Sir John Templeton, who has used tales from his lifestyles to supply guideline for his teenagers, grandchildren, and different destiny descendants, simply as he has drawn on these tales in his many books of idea and counsel for most of the people.
Los lectores conocen a Oliver Sacks por sus fascinantes libros sobre los misterios de los angeles mente a partir de asombrosos casos psiquiátricos. Ahora aplica su perspicacia y su humanismo al escrutinio de su propia vida. El autor acomete un ejercicio de introspección que nos permite descubrir una peripecia very important intensa y compleja.
- The Poetry of Life
- MAKING SENSE OF STRESS: The life of a psychiatrist
- Cry Out Loud: Living With Mental Illness: An Autobiography
- THE LIFE, LETTERS, AND JOURNALS OF THE REV. AND HON. PETER PARKER : MISSIONARY, PHYSICIAN AND DIPLOMATIST, THE FATHER OF MEDICAL MISSIONS AND FOUNDER OF THE OPTHALMIC HOSPITAL IN CANTON (1896)
- Hospital Always Wins: A Memoir
- The Mighty Healer: Thomas Holloway's Victorian Patent Medicine Empire
Additional info for My Life as an OB-GYN: A Look Behind the Scenes