By Rhys Jones
- A precious corrective to contemporary characterizations of territory as a static and given geographical concept
- An explication of the political geographies of nation replica and transformation, via its specialise in nation territoriality and the variegated personality of country power
- Considerable empirical perception into the consolidation of the British country over the lengthy term.
Read or Download People - States - Territories: The Political Geographies of British State Transformation (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Similar practical politics books
A hugely topical exam of the impression of eu integration on relatives among states and minority international locations. This new assortment brings jointly the top experts within the box, and covers quite a lot of instances, from Northern eire within the West, to Estonia and Latvia within the East, and Cyprus within the South-East.
Even if at events, round the dinner desk, or on the workplace, humans speak about politics forever. but whereas such conversations are a standard a part of daily life, political scientists be aware of little or no approximately how they really paintings. In speaking approximately Politics, Katherine Cramer Walsh offers an leading edge, intimate learn of the way usual humans use casual staff discussions to make feel of politics.
The ebook examines the economic progress of sanctioned international locations when it comes to their skill to foster exchange partnerships with nations that decide to stay away from or now not agree to sanctions. while these "black knight" international locations locate powerful neighborhood industry aggressive merits within the absence of corporations from sender countries, incentives boost to aid neighborhood political prestige quos.
Many of the world’s inhabitants lives in towns in constructing international locations, the place entry to easy public prone, equivalent to water, electrical energy, and healthiness clinics, is both insufficient or sorely lacking. during the lens of city water provision, this publication indicates how politicians fail to supply trustworthy and prime quality public prone simply because they typically profit politically from manipulating public provider provision for electoral achieve.
- Citizen Participation and Political Communication in a Digital World (Routledge Studies in New Media and Cyberculture)
- Ships and Silver, Taxes and Tribute: A Fiscal History of Archaic Athens (Library of Classical Studies)
- Putting Trust in the US Budget: Federal Trust Funds and the Politics of Commitment (Theories of Institutional Design)
- Post-Colonial Trajectories in the Caribbean: The Three Guianas (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- Development Challenges and Solutions After the Arab Spring (Rethinking International Development series)
- La France de l'an 2000 (HISTOIRE ET DOCUMENT) (French Edition)
Extra resources for People - States - Territories: The Political Geographies of British State Transformation (RGS-IBG Book Series)